Blogs are great, there is little doubt about that. However, the concept of the blog has its shortcomings. One thing that has been bothering me for a while is how quickly great blog posts disappear into oblivion. You’ve spent countless hours writing and rewriting that perfect post, just to see it vanish from sight within a Brand Viagra purchase week. So what can be done to make sure your visitors are able to tap into the priceless content of your older posts? Here are 6 surefire strategies to help you resurrect those older pearls:
1. Categories. Besides helping you organize your blog, categories can also help you keep your posts accessible longer. If you have ten categories with ten posts on the front page of each one, that means that you now have 10 times as much real estate as you would have with a single blog page.
2. Related Posts. Displaying related posts for each blog entry is a great way to get exposure for older content and get those pageviews per visitor up. If you are using WordPress as your platform, take a look at the Ultimate Tag Warrior plugin or this one.
3. Random Posts. Setting up a “featured post” or “post of the day” can also help dust off those old posts. Again, if you are using WordPress, take a look at this plugin.
4. Drop standard blog layout. Is there any particular reason why you are still holding on to the same old blog layout? Personally, I really like what http://www.pronetadvertising.com team has done with their layout. Categories are a lot more prominent and once you select the category, only titles and dates are listed. That insures that more posts are being accessible to the visitor.
5. Post a summary. At the end of the day, or at the end of the week (depending on the volume of posts) post a list of all the entries. For example, Search Engine Land staff posts a SearchCap, where they list all of their blog posts for that day plus interesting posts from other blogs.
do apetamin syrup cause yeast infection. 6. Send out a newsletter. Send out a weekly or monthly newsletter, highlighting the best posts you’ve made during that time. It is unlikely that everyone reads your blog daily so you can bet that your readers have missed a post or two.
You’ve put in a lot of hard work into those blog posts. Make sure your readers get buy viagra a chance to appreciate them.
P.S. You are probably annoyed by all the lists being posted lately but after Garrett and Joe posted theirs, I felt left out. That’s how this post was born