Over the last 2 months I have been a user on stumbleupon.com. I have really enjoyed using this system as it gives me the ability to search the web and find truly interesting sites I would never have found using any of the major search engines. During my break through post “Google Filters, how to get around them and exploit their loop holes” I noticed the power of StumbleUpon for traffic and for inbound links and traffic. I immediately started searching for any information on how to build a power profile on StumbleUpon. I have since been able to get an audience reach of around 3563. This number is pretty decent and the power that comes behind this type of audience reach can drive serious traffic to your site.
It’s very interesting to see how SEO is evolving into the “new school” form of search engine optimization. Social media community leveraging has already had a large impact on effectively marketing, ranking and optimizing our SEO clients. StumbleUpon is relatively easy to harness and within a month or less you can have a powerful profile which can help you start sending traffic and links to any site you desire.
Below are 2 images that show you how a stumble can effect your traffic.
So how do you do this? I will give you eight steps to help you become a power stumbler.
1) Get as many friends as possible (limited to 200)
2) Stumble as much as you can. Give thumbs up – thumbs down and review pages.
3) Import Your contacts from gmail, yahoo and msn.
4) Share stumbles
5) Stumble upon is time based so the more thumbs up you get in a short period of time the better.
6) Network yourself with other stumblers
7) Enjoy yourself and become part of the community.
8) Stumble pages that are interesting and are overall considered a contribution to the community.
If you follow these steps then you WILL create a power StumbleUpon account and WILL start leveraging this service to become a successfully new school SEO.