Nearly 50 percent of Internet searchers cannot distinguish paid search ads from organic search listings on a search engine results page (SERP), according to an…
To make search engine advertising work for your business, there are a lot of factors to consider. Do you want to outsource it or tackle it in-house? How do you select an SEM firm or train a person in-house? How can you improve your website and your business to make sure that you capitalize on all of the traffic that you receive? These and many other general SEM issues are covered in this section.
Step inside the mind of Tom Harari, SEO Manager at iAcquire, the Phoenix and New York City based digital marketing agency which relaunched their own…
Copywriting and SEO copywriting are two different things. Obviously both involve the basics: correct spelling, language, grammar, structure, organization, etc. and of course the…
We all know that Wikipedia is doing something right when it comes to optimization. Your teachers and professors might not deem it a usable…
Viral marketing is a phenomenon that facilitates and encourages people to pass along a marketing message. It is a powerful strategy in the world…
Ever try and search for the market share of a popular search engine? It’s surprisingly difficult to find out, as results rely on different metrics…
There comes a point in every digital marketer’s life when she has to decide to kill an important project. It’s a difficult decision –…
When it comes to SEO, there isn’t a “one size fits all” approach. There are certain aspects of SEO that should be covered regardless of…
In the world of digital marketing, one single fact rings true — data is everywhere. Every day, the world produces 2.5 quintillion bytes of new…
I read an excellent article today by Barry Feldman over in Sacramento, which you can read here. Barry’s article relates to businesses, not individuals,…
Additional General SEM Articles
- Consider The Competition When Developing An SEO Campaign
- Does Inbound Marketing Work For B2B? Part 2
- Does Inbound Marketing Work For B2B? Part 1
- Call-Based Ads: Eliminating The Unknown
- 7 Ways To Make SEO Produce More Sales
- Why Won’t My New Website Rank?
- 4 Danger Signs: When To Say “No” To An SEO Prospect
- 5 Rules For Finding & Growing Your Niche Business
- 5 Easy Steps To Kick Off SEO
- Breaking Free From Inbound Marketing Overload
- Google’s SEO Tips For Start-Ups: Part 2
- Google’s SEO Tips For Start-Ups: Part 1
- Don’t Outsource SEO If …
- How To Integrate SEO Into Your Inbound Marketing Plan
- Get To Grips With Google’s New Structured Data Dashboard
- 5 Reasons Why Inbound Marketing Needs Expert SEO Advice
- 3 Ways To Avoid Ambiguity In Online Marketing
- Is Inbound Marketing The End Of SEO As We Know It?
- Does Black Hat Have A Shot At Inbound Marketing?
- SEO Trends For The Rest Of 2012
- Keep Your Ear To The Ground: 5 Tips For Managing Your SEO Vendor
- How The Cost-Per-Engagement Ad Model Could Soon Replace CPM
- Hiring And SEO: What You Need To Know To Avoid A Disaster
- Potential Red Flags To Watch For With An SEO Client
- 4 Tips For Preparing Your Site For A Traffic Surge
- Do Meetings Help Your ROI?
- Call Tracking: The Missing ROI Metric
- Are You Tapping The Value Of Data-Driven Digital Marketing?
- The Search Engines Continuing Search For Quality
- The Skinny On Google’s Advertising Revenues For 2011
- 5 Reasons To Consolidate Paid & Organic Search Efforts
- The Evolution of Search Engine Optimization: SEO Hybrids
- Hitting A Wall With Paid Search? Break Through With Search Retargeting
- Curing Search Engine Marketing Attention Deficit Disorder
- 3 Common Search Marketing Mistakes You MUST Avoid
- Small Business Resource for Selling on the Internet Now Available
- Questions To Ask Potential SEM Vendors
- What Does Google Plus Mean For Search?
- Nonprofits: Stop Leaving Free Money On The Table
- From NonProfit To Agency: 3 Search Engine Marketing Tips I Wish I Had Known