Despite the conditions of almost perfect competition, with consumers and producers holding almost equal marketplace knowledge, the power of being in the right place at…
To make search engine advertising work for your business, there are a lot of factors to consider. Do you want to outsource it or tackle it in-house? How do you select an SEM firm or train a person in-house? How can you improve your website and your business to make sure that you capitalize on all of the traffic that you receive? These and many other general SEM issues are covered in this section.
As marketing communications become increasingly sophisticated, it’s essential to know not just how many people have seen a brand’s out-of-home (OOH) campaign, but how to…
Online marketing continues to be challenging, especially when most people who visit a website won’t buy on the spot. Retargeting, a behavioral targeting tactic, can…
Visual search is only scratching the surface (if you’ll pardon the ophthalmology pun). Sure, you’re starting to see QR Codes in Times Square and in…
Synopsis – The sixth annual SEMPO results (2010) revealed some interesting trends in search engine marketing. As Marc Engelsman discusses in his article “Search Marketing…
Synopsis — The economic downturn of the past couple of years has hit everyone in some fashion, and charitable and non-profit organizations are no exception.…
Synopsis – Every marketing move online and off is designed to result in a specific outcome, whether it be as simple as pointing searchers to…
A long-standing tactic in link building is the use of contests or competitions. More recently with the advent of social media, it has also become…
News and current events are an increasingly useful means of attracting traffic to a website or blog. Provided their power is harvested correctly, it is…
If you have never written a press release for your business before, now is the time to try. Writing a PR doesn’t have to be…
Additional General SEM Articles
- In Search Marketing, Your Best Employees Are Usually Entrepreneurs
- Fitting SEO Into The Company Puzzle
- Five Content Strategies The Competition May Be Ignoring
- Christmas in July: Build Your Online Marketing Strategy Now
- Excel Pivots Into Position For Keyword Ranking
- What’s Brewing In Google Labs To Help With Your Search Engine Marketing?
- Bing Cashback Cashes It In
- Excel-ing at Yahoo! Reports And Other Excel Helpers
- Bringing SEO In-House: Overcoming the Challenges
- 2007: Time to View Search Holistically
- Outsourcing Search Marketing to Low-Cost Labor Destinations
- I’m Feeling Lucky to be a Search Engine Marketer
- Can Anyone Really Be a Search Marketing Expert Anymore?
- Search: 2007
- 15 of the Biggest Myths in Search Marketing Exposed
- Staying White Hat in a World of Gray
- What Do Busy SEM Professionals Keep in Their Toolkit?
- Great Expectations For 2009?
- Should Search Engines Be Doing Business In China?
- The Dynamic Duo Of User Generated Content And SEO
- Boosting Site Security To Protect Search Rankings
- Will Recession Spawn Google’s Cultural Revolution?
- Is It Bubble, Bubble, Toil, And Trouble For SEOs?
- Interview With Search Engine Marketing Expert Perry Marshall (Summer 2006)
- Danny Sullivan Interview (Fall 2007)
- Avoiding Missteps When Tapping Into Search For Branding
- Microsites: Fleeting Fad Or Solid Search Strategy?
- Outsourcing SEM – Finding the Perfect Agency
- Searching for Jobs in a Down Economy: Search Industry Offers Hope
- Search Marketing In The Marketing Ecosystem: A Perfect Fit?
- The View From Outside The Industry
- Search Marketing in Canada: A State of Confusion
- Can New Custom Search Engines Help You?
- Follow the Rules? Bid Management Strategies
- Is Search Marketing Recession-Proof?
- Thinking Outside the (Google) Box: Worthy AdWords Alternatives
- Shift of the Big 3: Professionals Continue to Flock Online
- Global Search: Rich Opportunity or Risky Proposition?
- Paid Search Performance Pricing – Making It Work for You
- What Are The Essential Ingredients For A Great Search Engine Optimization Campaign?