I think Jeff Rohrs from ExactTarget said it best when he ended the session by saying, “We as marketers should be used to a recession…
To make search engine advertising work for your business, there are a lot of factors to consider. Do you want to outsource it or tackle it in-house? How do you select an SEM firm or train a person in-house? How can you improve your website and your business to make sure that you capitalize on all of the traffic that you receive? These and many other general SEM issues are covered in this section.
As with any business, customer retention is far more valuable than customer acquisition. Companies that succeed in the long run are the ones that invest…
Several months ago I wrote an overview of the seven most important aspects of SEM to master. At the time, I promised I would quickly…
Whether your business sells business-to-business or business-to-consumer products or services, it is important to create and nurture diverse communication channels. Why? For multiple reasons, all…
by Cerelle Centeno Depending on the media outlet, the United States is either currently in, or on the brink of, an economic recession. With the…
by Laura Callow Search marketing in Canada is not exactly booming. SEMPO Canada’s opinion is that Canadian businesses simply “do not get search marketing.” They…
by Claudia Bruemmer Many businesses elect to outsource their search marketing efforts because they know that the use of experts can help increase traffic faster…
Most businesses currently running SEM campaigns could vastly improve their performance with outside help. I can say this with confidence for two reasons: first, having…
Personally, I am still debating whether I consider the current economic slump a recession or just a media-created frenzy around a hot “emotional” topic for…
Dear Jerry and Steve, I’m writing on behalf of the tens of thousands of people who make their living as search engine marketing professionals. The…
Additional General SEM Articles
- SES Thursday Keynote: Andrew Tomkins, Chief Scientist at Yahoo! Research
- Live from Search Engine Strategies: How to Build Investment Interest in Your SEO/SEM
- Final Update from Online Marketing Summit in San Diego
- Day 2 at OMS in San Diego
- Live from San Diego: Online Marketing Summit
- SEM Predictions for 2008
- Isn’t it About Time for a Google Credit Card?
- Are New Marketers Better Than Experienced Marketers?
- Search Engine Conspiracy?
- Is Your SEM Strategy What You Want or What You Need?
- SES Interviews: Todd Malicoat on SEM Training, Linking and Industry Image
- Google Audio Ads Reviewed – Arbitron Arbitrage?
- SES San Jose Day 1 – Benchmarking an SEM Campaign
- Search Marketing and the Importance of Thinking For Yourself
- There Are No Best Practices!
- Marketing to Generation Y and Its Relation to Media Usage
- Gaining Website Balance
- Q&A with Danny Sullivan: Search Marketing Expo l Exclusive
- Developing Click Fraud Standards: Q&A with Tom Cuthbert l Click Forensics
- 11 Key Take Aways from Elite Retreat Posts
- From Cringe to Insight: What’s Your Most Recent Marketing Lesson?
- How Well Do You Know Your Audience?
- Q&A with Richard Rosen: The Future of Pay-Per-Call
- Social Search Engines and the Future of Search Optimization
- Perry Marshall on Search Industry
- Retail Advertising Conference, Chicago 2007
- Super Charge Your SEM Today by Following Just ONE of These Links
- Micro-Business Mentality vs. Marketer Mentality
- WARNING: SEM Link Avalanche + Extreme SEM-spiration Ahead
- Online or Off, Think Outside the Box
- Oodle’s “Oodle Index” Identifies Good Deals in Classifieds
- Good Search Engine Marketing Books
- ChaCha and NowNow: The Rise of Real Time Human Answered Search?
- Starting Your 2007 SEM Planning with a BANG
- Ask.com’s “Secret” AskX: take a look at some SERP innovation
- Sustainable SEM Growth is Rooted… in Your Dev Team?
- SES Chicago 2006 Coverage Round Up
- SEM Industry – Are We There Yet?
- Selecting an SEM Agency for Your Business
- New School of Search Marketers