by Laura Callow Search marketing in Canada is not exactly booming. SEMPO Canada’s opinion is that Canadian businesses simply “do not get search marketing.” They…
Search marketing is an umbrella term that covers a huge number of sub-topics and an enormous amount of information, all of it designed to deal with questions about marketing your products and services in an online environment. The various sub-categories in this category include posts and articles dealing with ways to market online and best practices and tips and tactics for doing so.
by John Tawadros While global search marketing offers a way to reach more potential customers, it’s not for everyone. Why? Because the return it generates…
by Claudia Bruemmer Many businesses elect to outsource their search marketing efforts because they know that the use of experts can help increase traffic faster…
Most businesses currently running SEM campaigns could vastly improve their performance with outside help. I can say this with confidence for two reasons: first, having…
Personally, I am still debating whether I consider the current economic slump a recession or just a media-created frenzy around a hot “emotional” topic for…
After several years of low-key alpha testing and on and off again rumors of launch, it appears that Google Print Local will finally go live…
Dear Jerry and Steve, I’m writing on behalf of the tens of thousands of people who make their living as search engine marketing professionals. The…
Cindy Krum with Blue Moon Works opened up the final session of SES New York with an overwhelming chart comparing adoption of the Web in…
The last day of SES New York kicked off with Andrew Tomkins, Chief Scientist at Yahoo! Research. In his keynote, Tomkins outlined the next generation…
The session started with Patricia Hursh from SmartSearch Marketing outlined 8 tips for successful PPC advertising: 1) Reach prospects early in the buying cycle 2)…
Additional Search Marketing Articles
- SES Update: Local Search Marketing Tactics
- Live from SES – Mobile Local Search: Finding the Way
- Live from Search Engine Strategies: How to Build Investment Interest in Your SEO/SEM
- Appearances Are Deceptive: Checking Your Ads on Google
- Negative Keywords Back in AdWords
- Final Update from Online Marketing Summit in San Diego
- Day 2 at OMS in San Diego
- Live from San Diego: Online Marketing Summit
- Proof That Google Reads Search Marketing Standard? Changes to Google Display URL Policy Afoot!
- Despite FTC Fines and Quality Score, Incentivized Advertising is Alive and Well on Google and Yahoo
- Website Visitors Read Your Copy, Right?
- The 7 Habits of Highly Successful Search Marketing Campaigns
- Four Tricks to Gain An Unfair Advantage on AdWords
- SEM Predictions for 2008
- The Wild Wild East: Search Engine Marketing in Russia
- The Wild Wild East: Report on Search Engine Marketing in Russia
- Will Work for Conversions
- 10 Tips for Choosing Bid Management Software
- Isn’t it About Time for a Google Credit Card?
- Are New Marketers Better Than Experienced Marketers?
- Search Engine Conspiracy?
- Growth of Online Advertising; Ineffective Results?
- Does Google Artificially Inflate Bids During the Holiday Season?
- Is Your SEM Strategy What You Want or What You Need?
- What do Local and Mobile Users Want? Report from SMXLoMo
- Pay Per Call Ads: Living Up to the Promise? Report from SMXLoMo
- Optimizing Your Mobile Content Pages: Report from SMXLoMo
- 3 Jam Packed Sessions – 13 key takeaways for Local & Mobile Search
- SES Interviews: Todd Malicoat on SEM Training, Linking and Industry Image
- Google Audio Ads Reviewed – Arbitron Arbitrage?
- Four Basic Human Emotions to Sell Anything
- SES San Jose Day 1 – Advanced Paid Search Techniques
- SES San Jose Day 1 – Benchmarking an SEM Campaign
- 80/20 Principle Squanders Paid Search
- Search Marketing and the Importance of Thinking For Yourself
- There Are No Best Practices!
- iPhone and Your Online Marketing Campaigns
- Marketing to Generation Y and Its Relation to Media Usage
- Google IP Exclusion – Good for Advertisers, Good for Google
- Gaining Website Balance