Here are five of the top news items for the week of April 9-13:
1. Yahoo Restructures To Focus On Online Media, Social And E-Commerce — Forbes lays out the major changes announced this week by Yahoo, which follows last week’s announcement of layoffs of more than 2,000 employees.
2. Pinterest: An Introductory Guide for Marketers — As Pinterest continues to gather more steam, Kaila Strong at Search Engine Watch puts together a nice synopsis of what marketers need to know to get started there.
3. Here is why Facebook Bought Instagram - Om Malik at Gigaom weighs in on the Facebook purchase of Instagram, explaining why he thinks the billion dollar deal went down.
4. Google’s March Updates: Anchor Text, Image Search, Navigational Search & More — Matt McGee at Search Engine Land’s useful analysis of Google’s updates in March will keep you up-to-date on the most important of the massive 50 changes made last month.
5. How Should You Handle Expired Content? — Stephanie Chang at SEOmoz looks at the issue of expired content and the various ways you can deal with it on your site. Nicely detailed post with some cool infographics for the visually inclined, including this one (from an earlier post by Dr. Pete):
© 2011 SEOmoz.org