Here are five of the most interesting and informative news items and blog posts from this week:
1. Can You Rank Well in Local Google without Revealing Your Street Address Anywhere? — an excellent discussion and step-by-step guide to which local listings (not just Google) you can hide your street address from in the event your business is located in your home and you don’t wish to have your home address associated with local business listings.
2. Spotlight Keynote With Matt Cutts #SESSF — at Search Engine Watch, they cover the keynote from Matt Cutts at SES San Francisco for those of us who are not lucky enough to be there live in person to catch it. Always a good read when Matt’s views are expressed.
3. The Unbearable Torture of Linking — Eric Ward writes a post at Search Engine Land about why you shouldn’t be discouraged about linking.
4. Avinash Kaushik: Only Great Metrics — ClickZ has a nice interview with Avinash. If you have anything to do with metrics (and who doesn’t in some way?), you need to pay attention when Avinash talks!
5. Writing Effective Facebook Copy — With examples aplenty, Emily Wilson in an article at Marketing Land, gives you specific guidelines for writing copy for Facebook posts that will yield results.
That’s it for this week. Have a great weekend!