Here’s this week’s five most interesting and informative articles:
1. The Web Developer’s SEO Cheat Sheet 2.0 - The Moz provides an update to their popular cheatsheet for learning and using SEO tactics — a great source of technical information that may be difficult to find elsewhere.
2. Structured Data & Schema Markup for Newbies - Seer Interactive revisits the topic of the Google Highlighter Tool. The author describes an addition to the tool, the Structured Data Markup Helper, through a step-by-step guide to the point-and-click process for incorporating structured data from your site.
3. How to Create a Content Strategy (In Only 652 Steps) - Portent, Inc., gives a thorough audit for marketers who are also writers to use as a reference when creating a content strategy to help guide a marketing plan. Excellent summary of all of the various aspects one must keep in mind when writing for online use.
4. Google AdWords Adds Cross-Account Conversion Tracking & MCC Search Funnels - Search Engine Land discusses the recent addition to Google AdWords of cross-account conversion tracking as well as managing MCC search funnels with the new data. They provide an explanation of how to do this initially and in the future.
5. Retail Paid Search Traffic Up 30%, Organic Visits Drop 3% - Search Engine Watch references the MarketLive study to discuss traffic sources to retail sites, using results from more than 200 sites throughout the first half of 2013. Some of the findings include paid versus organic search and mobile versus tablet traffic.
Enjoy the weekend!
Image: FridayTypeset – Original Billboard Image from Shutterstock