Here are five of the most interesting and important news items and articles for this week:
1. 9 Tips for Running Successful Facebook Contests — Social Media Examiner provides a great writeup on what you need to do to have a successful contest on Facebook, one of the ways online marketers are finding to grow their presence on the popular social network.
2. Exploring Google’s SEO Toolset — If you are still confused about the tools Google offers for free to help you figure out some basic SEO needs, Search Engine Watch has a good article that delves into the major ones and provides a list of others to look into. Since Google is the 800-pound gorilla, it’s always a good idea to check out their stuff!
3. Why did our PageRank go down? — Matt Cutts from Google answers an email from a newspaper that suffered from paid links. Interesting read.
4. Twitter’s new ads now target user interests – We knew it would happen sooner or later …
5. Reduced Estimate for Facebook Revenues — eMarketer revises their estimates for revenue from advertising for Facebook, although they believe overall growth will continue for the social property.
Have a great long weekend, everyone!
Image: FridayMan by Shutterstock