Here are five of this week’s most interesting and important news items:
1. Facebook Unveils First Non-Social Mobile Ad Unit, Allowing Developers To Buy Clicks To App Stores — TechCrunch reports on this new development in ad opportunities at Facebook that’s currently in a small private beta.
2. Is Your Linkbuilding Working? How to Easily Check Using Webmaster Tools and a Pivot Chart — over at SEOmoz, this fantastic how-to clearly sets out how to check on your link building’s effectiveness, even going so far as to explain how to turn the data into a pivot chart (and not once did my eyes glaze over and the room go dark!).
3. FTC: $22.5M Penalty To Get Google To “Take Its Privacy Obligations More Seriously” — Marketing Land has an analysis of the FTC fine to Google re: privacy and the lack of a liability factor in the ruling.
4. How Google Finds Unnatural Links to Your Website — Search Engine Journal has a step-by-step on finding unnatural links to find out if you are in a bad link neighborhood.
5. How I Recovered from the Google Panda Slap — a reader of SEORankings shares his story of specific things he did to recover from Panda.