Here are five of this week’s most interesting and informative articles and news items:
1. Resurrection After a Google Manual Review — Search Engine Journal has a nice piece on how to react if you receive a notice from Google that they have detected something amiss via a manual review. Bonus video of Matt Cutts explaining how to submit a reconsideration request is here.
2. Forget Rankings: Here Are 6 SEO Metrics That Matter — Search Engine Watch’s Eric Siu has a reminder about what is most important to track for SEO, and it isn’t your rank!
3. Your Link Building Blueprint for 2013 – Search Engine People pulls together 16 posts from different sources to give you a concrete approach to how to tackle link building in the coming year.
4. UPDATE: Yahoo Intros Cost-Per-Lead Ad Unit Within Organic Search Results Column — Search Engine Land has details on the new ad placement available for Yahoo.
5. The Problem With Marketing Best Practices — WordStream has a good reminder of how you must be sure to keep your own circumstances in mind when considering advice about best practices.
Image: TGIF by Shutterstock