It’s the last Friday before many of us begin the holiday celebrations, but there is still a lot going on in the world of online marketing that you need to keep track of. Here are five of this week’s best and brightest news items and articles:
1. First Ever $7 Billion Online Spending Week Brings Holiday Season Spending to $35 Billion, Up 13 Percent vs. Year Ago — If you are wondering how the holiday selling season is going, comScore has the answers (7 billion of them!) in this article.
2. Before and After: 3 Real-Life Landing Page Makeovers — HubSpot always has great content, but a look at some examples for the real world are always worth looking over as a source of inspiration for your own site.
3. What The Heck Is SEO? A Rebuttal — Will Critchlow and Bill Slawski (a favorite among our contributors) respond to an article published recently in Smashing Magazine that perpetuates some old-hat notions about what SEO is and how the average website owner should approach the issue. Good practical advice about some common problems and input from numerous practitioners.
4. Is Your Brand Magnificent at Digital Marketing? — in this post from earlier in December, Avinash Kaushik not only offers up some concrete advice on improving your digital marketing efforts, but does so in his usual inspirational way. If you are looking for inspiration and incentive for the coming year, you can’t go wrong with a read (or re-read) of this post.
5. Which Top SEO Topics Will You Focus On In 2013? — Also in the “looking forward” category, Search Engine Land has a nice summary of possibilities for focus for the coming year that should help you plan out where you can best spend your time in the coming months.
Image: FridayIsHere by Shutterstock