This was a short work week for most people, but there was still plenty of great content available for reading in those hours between holiday celebrations. If you missed catching up, here are five of the most interesting and informative posts of the week.
1. Olde Tyme Whiteboard Friday — Rand at SEOmoz takes us back in time with a get-up straight out of 100 years ago, but revealing “old timer” tactics that still work for SEO in a Friday whiteboard session that is well worth watching.
2. How To Bring Your Bounce Rate Down — Search Engine People has some concrete advice on reducing your bounce rate, one of those metrics that can give you some insight on why your conversion rate may not be as positive as you may wish.
3. Your Social Media Marketing Plan in 5 Easy Steps — Don’t really have a plan yet for social media? ClickZ has a five-step plan that will get you started in the right direction in the new year.
4. 7 Secrets For Dealing With Quality Score — You can never revisit your quality score too often with AdWords PPC, and Search Engine Land has a good reminder on what to pay attention to in this article.
5. The Best Days to Post to Facebook by Industry — Getting the most out of your Facebook activity is something we all strive for, and Social Times reports on a recent study that details the best days of the week to step up your activity depending upon the industry you are involved in.
The next Five For Friday will be in 2013. Happy New Year and thanks to all our readers!
Image: TGIF by Shutterstock