Here are this week’s five most interesting, useful, and informative news items:
1. Google Plus Box Ranking Factors Report — Ian at Conversation Marketing reports on a 5-week project he conducted about SPYWorld (otherwise known as Google Search Plus Your World) via interviews with leading search marketers and analysis of search data itself to try to figure out what matters most in ranking as far as Google+ is concerned. Fascinating stuff!
2. 4 Localization Tips For Savvy Global Businesses – Christian Arno (who is featured in our Spring 2012 magazine issue) over at Search Engine Watch has put together a nice selection of tactics for businesses aiming for global success.
3. Facebook 2012 — if you like infographics, you should take a look at the piece put together by Infographic Labs on Facebook’s current status and worth. They’ve also done some good pieces on other Internet-related items.
4. Excel Hints For PPC — Tamsin at SEOptimise shares some excellent shortcuts and tips for anyone who uses Excel to keep track of things with their pay-per-click programs. A couple of nice timesavers here, as well as links to some other Excel hint articles.
5. Introducing Enhanced Sitelinks — Google announced the intro of enhanced sitelinks for ads — kind of like ads within ads. With Google stating that sitelinks can improve CTR by 30% in ads that include them, looking into enhanced sitelinks to see if they might work for you is a definite must!