Here are this week’s five most interesting, informative, and must-read news items:
1. The Biggest Mistake Web Analysts Make And How To Avoid It — The incomparable Avinash Kaushik weighs in with a discussion of how to set up a digital marketing and measurement model so that web analysts can better understand why they are doing what they are doing.
2. 13 Unconventional Link Building Strategies — if you’ve hit the wall with link building, Sujan Patel at Search Engine Journal offers a baker’s dozen of ideas for strategies you may not have explored.
3. How To Run Your PPC Accounts Like A Project – Brad Geddes over at Search Engine Land helps you organize your PPC-related tasks so you can be more efficient and successful at handling that incredibly long to-do list.
4. The Panda Update, 1 Year Later: A Guide To What We Know — Carson Ward at Distilled has an excellent summary of what Panda ultimately means for anyone involved in online marketing.
5. The Local Search Ecosystem in 2012 – David Mihm updates his Local Search infographic (originally done in 2009) showing the current relationships between local search entities. There’s more detail and explanation over at GetListed.org as well.