Here are five of the most interesting and important news items of the week:
1. Facebook Deprecating 50+ Page Insights Metrics – Are You Ready? — if you are a developer working with Facebook’s Graph API, you definitely need to know the specifics of the page insights metrics that are no longer available. Thanks to Nathan Linnell at Search Engine Watch for providing the details.
2. Skimlinks Is The Real Story Behind Pinterest’s Success – Mike Butcher of TechCrunch follows up on this week’s controversy over Pinterest’s use of affiliate links with a discussion of Skimlinks and its position as a monetization engine for startups.
3. Facebook Taps Bango, Keeps Ad Model A Mystery – Steve Smith of Mobile Insider’s take on Facebook moving ahead with an ad option that involves Bango and “payment services.”
4. LinkedIn Announces Fourth Quarter and 2011 Fiscal Year Financial Results — one of the key takeaways from LinkedIn’s press release is that they’ve exceeded 150 million members.
5. From AdSense To SpamSense To Spam Cents — Aaron Wall at SEOBook.com dives into the controversy over the latest hit against AdSense publishers by Google.