Here are this week’s most interesting and informative posts and articles from the world of online marketing:
1. Penalty Lifted: How To Use Google’s Disavow Tool Case Study — Above the fold has the story of how one firm managed to use the new Google disavow link tool to have the penalty imposed upon them lifted. Great detail and lots of good advice.
2. Reports: Tablet Paid-Search Spend Surpasses Smartphones — Greg Sterling at Search Engine Land sums up the data from two separate reports that show the growing importance of tablets to paid search.
3. 12 Valuable Tips for Video SEO Beginners — Search Engine Watch sums up the basics of SEO for video. A must-read if you are just getting involved in adding video to the mix or if you need a refresher.
4. A Big ol’ List of Online Marketing Blogs — Looking for more reading? Cucumber Nebula has an extensive list of blogs divided up by online marketing speciality. If you’ve been hankering after some fresh points of view, check it out to see if there are some pundits you haven’t yet discovered.
5. Semantic Web and Link Building without Links > The Future for SEO? — With so much focus in 2012 on linking tactics and Google penalties related to links, SEOmoz has provided a piece that discusses the future of SEO in this environment. A thought-provoking article to add to your reading list as you make plans for 2013.
Image: TGIF by Shutterstock