On this day that the London Olympics begin, here are five of the most interesting and important announcements and posts of the week:
1. Facebook Revenue Growth Skids, Shares Plunge — Reuters reports on the news of Facebook’s stock plunge following their announcement of declining revenues and no outlook being offered for the current period.
2. Facebook Launches New & Improved Recommendations Plugin for Websites — Pamela Vaughn at HubSpot has a great explanation of how the newly announced recommendations plugin’s bar differs from the previous recommendation box and why you may want to look into it further.
3. 10 Common Mistakes in B2B Paid Search — David Rodnitzky blogs at Search Engine Land with a nice discussion on mistakes commonly made when doing paid search for B2B.
4. Smarter Internal Linking – Whiteboard Friday — SEOmoz has an excellent whiteboard this week on internal linking that is chockful of goodness. There is a transcription if you’d rather read than watch!
5. 15 Helpful Link Building Tools — Garrett French details 15 good tools (paid and free) to help with link building over at Search Engine Watch.