Here are five of the most interesting and important news items and updates from the current week:
1. Foursquare Rolls Out First Ads — Mashable has details on Foursquare’s recent announcement that they will be entering the paid ad space. There’s also a video tour of Foursquare’s new office that is worth a look if you’re like me, and like to see what other people’s workspace’s look like (just don’t ask me to post a video of mine!).
2. With Three Key Exits, Facebook’s Top Talent Departures Continue — AllThingsD identifies and discusses all the recent executive talent that has recently left Facebook and how it might affect initiative going forward.
3. The New Digg Arrives Ahead Of Schedule, Features Tight Facebook And Twitter Integration — TechCrunch summarizes the pertinent points about the newly relaunched Digg under its new ownership. With a visual look and the need to access it through Facebook, it’s quite a departure from the Digg of old.
4. What Everyone Needs To Know About Good, Bad & Bland Links — Tom Schmitz at Search Engine Land has penned a comprehensive discussion on links, including an excellent summary list of the types of links.
5. Millennials Want to Party With Your Brand But On Their Own Terms — AdAge Digital has a nice piece on millenials and what it will take to get them to pay attention to your products/services.