Here are five of this week’s most interesting and informative news items:
1. Is Your Link Profile Plausibly Deniable? — Eric Ward weighs in at Search Engine Watch about honesty in link building in this new post-Penguin era.
2. Safe Browsing – Protecting Web Users for 5 Years and Counting — Google’s Security Blog provides a summary of the number of threats they block in different circumstances. Both scary (in how many threats are out there) and comforting (in how many Google catches before it reaches users)!
3. 8 Quick Ways to Increase Your AdWords CTR — Brad Geddes at Certified Knowledge serves up eight tactics for increasing clickthrough on AdWords. Definitely worth a review.
4. LinkedIn hit with $5M lawsuit over lost passwords — CNET reports on the lawsuit filed this week against LinkedIn resulting from the recent hack. A reminder — if you haven’t changed your password since the hack, take a minute and do so.
5. SEO 101: The 23-Point SEO Checklist — Jessica Lee over at Bruce Clay has a good summary of the basics you should be paying attention to when tackling SEO for your site (or make sure the SEO you have hired has done so).