Here are five of the most interesting and informative items from the world of online marketing for this week:
1. Top 10 PPC Campaign Mistakes — John Lynch at Search Engine Watch provides a succinct breakdown of 10 common mistakes made in pay-per-click campaigns. Take a look to ensure you’re not committing any of these.
2. Oh Goody, It’s Free — If you’ve ever wondered about why “free” is so powerful and if you should give products away, Bryan Eisenberg’s take on the issue at ClickZ is will make you think about the issue.
3. The Social Search Revolution – 8 Social SEO Strategies To Start Using Right Now — Jordan Kastelar writes at Search Engine Land about the relationship between traditional SEO and social search, uncovering eight tactics for social search that everyone should consider trying to supplement traditional SEO.
4. Top SEO Mistakes – Top SEO Website Errors — David S. Murray at Site Pro News summarizes the leading mistakes that are made as far as SEO on a website is concerned. A refresher like this is always welcome.
5. Google’s Upcoming Algothirm Change – Overly-Optimized Sites — Vanessa Fox at Nine By Blue analyzes the leading points of Matt Cutts’ revelation at SXSW about Google’s upcoming algorithm update that will deal with overzealous SEO.