Here are five of the most interesting and important news items from the world of search engine marketing and online endeavors:
1. Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Pinterest (But Were Afraid To Ask) — Lori Randall Stradtman at SmartBlog Social Media provides a nice breakdown of the pros and cons of Pinterest and ways to use it specifically for branding.
2. The Internet: It’s Like Real Life, Only With Buttons — Kerry Dean at Search Engine Land’s All Things SEO column gives a comprehensive breakdown of social media sharing buttons. If you don’t have these on your website yet — or you’re unsure which ones to include and where to feature them — this article will help you decide on the best positioning.
3. 12 Things That Will Kill Your Blog Post Every Time — SEOmoz’s Neil Patel provides food for thought with his list of a dozen items that can be detrimental to the life of your blog post.
4. 10 Changes to make to Your AdWords Search Campaign that will Boost Your CTR — PPC Hero offers up ten ideas to liven up an AdWords campaign that has become lackluster in clickthrough rate, without having to bid more.
5. The Definitive Guide to AdWords Display Targeting — Alistar Dent at Search Engine Watch provides a detailed analysis of the Google Display Network and tips and strategies for how to make it work for you.