Here are five of this week’s most interesting and important news and articles centered on online marketing:
1. How to Move Rankings Up On Older, Existing Content – Whiteboard Friday — SEOmoz’s Whiteboard Fridays are almost always worth looking at, but this week’s is particularly useful for anyone who has an older website and has seen their rankings slowly decline.
2. What to expect in SEO in the coming months — You may have only heard about Matt Cutts of Google’s Web Spam team, but you need to listen to him when he talks about what is coming up from Google in the next few months as far as SEO is concerned. Watch the video and consider signing up to get all his blog posts delivered direct if you want to stay on top of what little advance info we get about what’s in the cards. Plus, his 30-day challenges are always fun to read!
3. Everything You Need to Know About Google’s Big Announcements — Mashable has a really nice rundown of all the announcements Google came out with at the recent I/O Developer’s Conference. The Google+ changes may finally be what is needed to move adoption of Google Plus off the launch pad.
4. How to Rank: 25 Step SEO Master Blueprint — SEOmoz hits one out of the ballpark again this week with the SEO blueprint on ranking. If you are just starting to branch out from beginner-level SEO, or need a refresher on beyond-the-basics tactics, this is an excellent piece.
5. How to Compare Your Facebook Page With the Competition — Good review of a few of the tools that can help you figure out how your Facebook efforts are doing compared to those of your competition.
Image: It’s Friday via Shutterstock