Here are five of this week’s most interesting and informative posts and news items for this week:
1. Google’s Penguin Update 2.0: Loser analysis — Of course the big news this week is the announcement of the release of Penguin 2.0 by Google. Early results show that big losers are gaming and porn sites and Searchmetrics has the stats to prove it.
2. Introducing More Useful Pins — the Pinterest blog has details of recent changes that will let you add more info to your boards as well as pin from mobile. For business, the really interesting part is “rich pins,” (currently for movies, recipes and products) which increase the applicability of Pinterest as a whole to businesses — the details on implementing rich pins are in the Tools section of the Business area.
3. The 3 Steps for Success in a Multi-device Search World — Aleyda Solis has a detailed article on the dos and don’ts for making the most of the increasing growth of mobile in the marketplace with lots of screenshots and examples.
4. 11 Checks To Ensure Your Facebook Page Is Up-To-Date — It’s all too easy to become complacent with Facebook, just as it is with any other part of your online marketing plans. Social Media Examiner gives you a list of 11 essential items to watch on a regular basis to help optimize your efforts on Facebook.
5. What One Million Dollars In Spend Has Taught Us About Enhanced Campaigns — PPC Hero has been tracking the effect of Google’s enhanced campaigns and has many valuable insights — and it doesn’t look good. Before the official switch in July, take a look at the data and start figuring out how you will need to alter your current AdWords in order to avoid problems.
Image: It’s Friday via Shutterstock