Here are five of the top news items from this week:
1. Yahoo Axis: Will This Get People Searching With Yahoo Again? — Chris Crum of WebProNews has a thoughtful piece on Yahoo’s new Axis search, whose aim is to unify search and browsing, all while providing instant answers to frequent queries. The early reports on the type of returns one gets for a variety of different searches indicates that there may still be some bugs to work out.
2. 5 New Twitter Tools To Boost Your Marketing – Leon Widrich of Social Media Examiner collects info on 5 tools for Twitter that are definitely worth investigating, especially if you want to discover what time of day is the best to tweet or a great solution for analytics for your Twitter account.
3. Facebook Stock Drags Down Other Social Media — Erik Sass of The Social Graf gathers up the details of the fallout from the Facebook IPO this week.
4. iAcquire Banned From Google After Link Buying Allegations – Over at Search Engine Land, Barry Schwartz reports on the breaking story of iAcquire being delisted by Google over alleged link buying.
5. And, because it’s Friday and a long weekend to boot, here’s something amusing …. 10 Most Outrageous Pranks Played on Google – Search Engine People pulls together 10 ways people have tried to outwit Google in an amusing fashion.
Bonus: This week, HubSpot released its updated “120 AWESOME Marketing Stats, Charts, & Graphs,” a collection of stats that will provide plenty of fodder for thought. It’s available as a free download via the form at the bottom of “20 Revealing Stats, Charts, and Graphs Every Marketer Should Know.