Here are five of this week’s most interesting and important news items and blog posts:
1. Research & Thought Leadership: Top 10 Content Creation Ideas — Search Engine Watch has a good summary of 10 content creation ideas that we all can use. FYI, Search Marketing Standard will soon be unveiling a new ebook that has 130+ content creation ideas — watch for an announcement on our blog and website in the next couple of weeks!
2. Insights into what the world is searching for — the new Google Trends — Google Inside Search blog reports on the merger of Google Trends and Insights for Search — two tools that have been part of the toolbox of SEO and SEM professionals for quite some time.
3. Google Webmaster Guidelines Updated — Google’s Webmaster Central blog announces that the Google Webmaster Guidelines have been updated. Definitely worth a visit for anyone involved with a website, with a special emphasis on rich snippets.
4. Google Panda Update 20 Released — Search Engine Land has details on the latest Panda update release, which may affect 2.4% of all English queries.
5. How To Optimize a Web Page in 7 Easy Steps — Search Engine Guide has a nice roundup of the basics for quick optimization of a web page.
Did you know that we publish a print & digital magazine? A subscription includes access to all premium content on our site and is now 25% off the list price. More information and subscribe using Coupon Code SMS2012P to save 25% off the regular price of $34.99/year ($5 extra for international). Digital-only subscriptions (regular $29.99) also available at the reduced rate.
Image: TGIF by Shutterstock