Here are five of this week’s most interesting and informative posts from the world of online marketing:
1. Introducing Google Partners: Connecting Small Businesses With Trusted Partners — In case you missed this last week, Google Parnters has replaced the Google Certification Program. It’s only live in the US, Canada, and Poland at the moment, but will be in other locales before too long. The big plus? Sitting the certification exam is now free (used to be $50 US).
2. The Growing Divide Between Paid Search and Marketing – Interesting opinion piece on how paid search has become almost useless for the average business & thoughts for the future.
3. How Will Google Hummingbird Impact Links? Here are 6 Ways – Eric Ward, with more than 15 years of experience in link building online, give us his take on Hummingbird and how links will be affected.
4. Keep Your Website Content Ranking After Google Hummingbird: 8 Tips – Content Marketing Institute continues the Hummingbird coverage trend, this time focusing on content, with some tips for staying ahead of the pack in the new environment.
5. Our Logo Looks Like Underpants: A Case Study in Internationalization — RJ Metrics learned an important lesson when rebranding about international perception and how it can affect your online reputation and business. Amusing, but also a very important read.
Image: TGIF — Original Billboard Image from Shutterstock