Here are five of the most interesting and useful items of the week:
1. The Six Components of a Great Press Release — SiteProNews has a nice summary of the parts that make up a press release. Don’t forget that our own Rebecca Appleton has a ton of advice on press releases in our archive as well!
2. Your Social Media Marketing Plan in 5 Easy Steps — Another good step-by-step guide this week, this one from Jasmine Sandler at ClickZ.
3. Display Ads Dubious In-View Performance — eMarketer has some stats that raise questions about display ads and their in-view performance (defined as “defined in-view impressions as any impression that had 50% or more of the ad unit visible for one second or more.”
4. How To Remove Your Unnatural Inbound Links — Erin Everhart over at Search Engine Land writes about inbound links that you want to remove and how to go about it.
5. Death To Paid Search? Google PLAs Double Conversions For Less — Laurie Sullivan at Online Media Daily talks about Google’s Product Listing Ads and the idea that they may overtake paid search.
And, because it’s Friday after all, a funny take on the decline of Groupon with Groupon’s Schedule of Reduced Office Amenities from Zack Parsons at SomethingAwful.
Image: TGIF by Shutterstock