Read an interesting article just over a week ago written by Mike Grehan for ClickZ titled “Sending Signals to Search Agencies“, and it’s been on my mind ever since. Basically the article talks about how information theory and the idea of “signals” that search engines receive from your web pages will influence ranking. Of particular interest is how (or even whether) search engines are taking into account the signal of how old specific material is. In keeping with Mike’s example of presidential data and what happens once a new president is elected to search linkage, the article made me wonder …. will “miserable failure” always be a search term that returns President Bush’s White House biography as a top result? Can Googlebombing transcend the signal of time passing? Certainly the issue of time vs. search results/links isn’t the holy grail of search, but watch for it to become more important as time passes (no pun intended).
Add Your Comments
Top Trending Articles
Receive Our Emails
Get helpful SEM tips, news and advice in your inbox!
- Digital Magazine
- Online Marketing
- Search Marketing
- Social Media
- Top SEM Firms-remove
- Website Design
- White Papers
Most Recent Articles
- What You Should Do to Find Out About 3rd Grade Book Report Sample Before You’re Left Behind
- Finding Formats of Research Papers Online
- Vital Pieces of Essays for English Class
- The Most Forgotten Fact About Formats of Research Papers Revealed
- Find Out Who’s Talking About Sample Essay Outline and Why You Should Be Worried
- What You Should Do to Find Out About Custom Essay Writing Service Before You’re Left Behind
- The Characteristics of Methodology Dissertation
- Unanswered Troubles With Argumentative Essay Open
- Publish My Essay, Make sure you!
- Here’s What I Know About Free Research Paper Generator