Read an interesting article just over a week ago written by Mike Grehan for ClickZ titled “Sending Signals to Search Agencies“, and it’s been on my mind ever since. Basically the article talks about how information theory and the idea of “signals” that search engines receive from your web pages will influence ranking. Of particular interest is how (or even whether) search engines are taking into account the signal of how old specific material is. In keeping with Mike’s example of presidential data and what happens once a new president is elected to search linkage, the article made me wonder …. will “miserable failure” always be a search term that returns President Bush’s White House biography as a top result? Can Googlebombing transcend the signal of time passing? Certainly the issue of time vs. search results/links isn’t the holy grail of search, but watch for it to become more important as time passes (no pun intended).
Add Your Comments
Top Trending Articles
Receive Our Emails
Get helpful SEM tips, news and advice in your inbox!
- Digital Magazine
- Online Marketing
- Search Marketing
- Social Media
- Top SEM Firms-remove
- Website Design
- White Papers
Most Recent Articles
- What Thesis Writing Services Is – and What it Is Not
- The Secret to Essay Freelance writer Good value
- The way to produce an essay on nursing management | Nursing?
- What exactly are very good investigation paper subject areas regarding the Philippines?
- The best way to defend your PhD dissertation
- What You Need to Do About Writing Argumentative Essays Before You Miss Your Chance
- Un-Answered Thoughts Into Faculty Math Troubles Exposed
- Who may be Chatting About Finest Producing Essay and Good Reasons To Be Troubled
- Unanswered Factors on Individual Essay
- Astonishing Information Regarding Custom Term Paper Writing Uncovered