If you haven’t got your holiday pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns ready to go, it’s way too late for some markets and products, but others may still be able to be effective and profitable. If you need PPC advice, the following is a list of the best blogs online (IMHO). Even if your holiday plans are all set, you are very likely to find good information from these sources that will be useful for your campaigns all year round. Some have daily posts, others weekly posts, and still others post every two weeks or only once per month, but all are worth visiting regularly to see what’s new.
In no particular order …
1. PPC Hero – has been around for a number of years now and just keeps getting better and better. Lots of beginner advice, but also tackles the toughest issues. Don’t be deceived by the cartoon character type of design — the level of expertise is “to infinity and beyond.”
2. Inside AdWords Blog — where would we be without this blog telling us all about the latest and greatest changes to the Google AdWords program? Lost, that’s where. Also a good jumping off point for tutorials and other good stuff.
3. Search Engine Land – Paid Search — in addition to the general Search Engine Land quality posts, the Paid Search column is a regular dose of insightful and thoughtful commentary on some of the most important issues in PPC.
4. Microsoft adCenter Community and Blog — with Bing’s debut, this one is hot! Although the blog’s name may change at any time, the advice fits the idiosyncracies of Microsoft’s latest offerings, so mark it to read if you want to dip your toes into Bing.
5. RKG Blog (The Rimm-Kaufman Blog) — great advice from an established source, with an excellent collection of articles. With archives that go back to March 2006, you know this group has been around the block a few times and has a lot of good knowledge to share.
6. ClickEquations – Craig Danuloff of ClickEquations writes a blog that doesn’t just focus on their product, but also provides good advice on PPC campaigns. There are always a lot of great interviews with those involved in PPC as well (and you know how I like interviews!).
7. PPC Blog — a sister site to the ever-popular SEOBook, this is all-PPC and nothing but PPC. Also a nice section that lays out the most popular PPC tools and some great PPC 101 videos.
8. ClickZ’s Paid Search — virtually all of the ClickZ columns are worth looking at, but the Paid Search writers are exceptional. With a long history of quality advice, content runs the gamut from beginner to expert in well-written, nicely digestible chunks.
9. PPCProz Blog — it’s all PPC and deals with just about anything imaginable. A nice set of tutorials will help those just starting out.
10. PPC Without Pity — although identified as being from “a merciless perspective,” don’t think that Shawn Livengood is without pity for those scrambling to beat out the competition in their PPC campaigns. I pity the fool (sorry, Mr. T) who doesn’t take his PPC advice seriously.
Well, that’s it. There are certainly many more useful and authoritative sources out there, but these are my favorites for keeping up on paid search without having to search (no pun intended) through a whole bunch of topics.