I was reminded the other day of a particular type of help offered by Google on its AdWords program that may be more appealing to those of us who struggle with staying awake while reading long descriptions of how to do one thing or another with a particular piece of software. After all, the success of YouTube and other online video sites have certainly indicated that people like receiving information through visual media, whether or not one considers that a step forward in humanity’s evolution.
Google’s “AdWords Online Classroom” includes a number of videos, each 15-20 minutes in length, that cover both beginner and more advanced topics. The videos are presented by various experts on the topics and provide an easy-to-digest synopsis of the main points involved in each. Google adds to the online lineup on a regular basis, with the latest addition being a video on AdWords Data — the release of which prompted me to make a note to write a post letting our readers know of the AdWords Online Classroom in the event they were unaware of it.
Here is a list of the current topics included in the curriculum:
- Create your account
- Get to know your account
- How to build a successful AdWords account
- Why can’t I see my ad?
Improving Your Account Performance
- Improve your AdWords performance with key tips
- Get the most from your website with Website Optimizer
- Find new insights in your AdWords data
Controlling Your Costs
- Maximize your advertising ROI with Conversion Optimizer
Analyzing Your AdWords Performance
- Track your AdWords ROI using Google Analytics
- Set up your Analytics account to track ROI
- Track your AdWords ROI using Conversion Tracking
Expanding Your Reach & Focusing On Your Audience
- Improve your Content Network performance
- Reach more potential customers through the Google Content Network