We often hear that choice is good. Many extol the virtues of the ai???long tail,ai??? and the fact that given more choice, some people will take advantage of it. But this only applies to situations where someone really cares about the subject or task at hand, is knowledgeable about it, and has significant time and resources to expend in the discovery of novel and Lasix reviews interesting alternatives.
Unfortunately that combivent inhaler coupons, combivent inhaler coupons, combivent inhaler coupons, combivent inhaler coupons, combivent inhaler coupons, combivent inhaler coupons. is very rarely the situation when someone visits your landing page. Most people are in a hurry and donai??i??t have the time, knowledge, or interest to wade through a bunch of choices.
In most cases, too many choices can cause buy allopurinol paralysis and inaction. If the visitor canai??i??t find a way to easily get closer to their goal, they will simply leave.
Consider Adoramaai??i??s home page (www.adorama.com). It illustrates many of the issues with having too many choices.
Adorama sells a broad range of photography-related gear, and the visitor is presented with a bewildering array of choices. There are 146 clickable items on this page! Product shots feature a dozen disparate items that range in price from $24.95 to $799.95. Bright animated graphical banner ads across the top and right india online pharmacy isotretinoin. side of the page clamor for attention, leading to specific items on the site. A scrollable news ticker and rotating banner ads draw the eye through motion.
What are visitors expected to do?
- Read the scrolling news bar? They probably did not come there for photo industry news.
- Buy a replacement lithium-ion battery compatible only with certain Nikon cameras? This is limited to a very small segment of the visitors to the home page (who already own the compatible models of cameras).
- Click on the cryptic ai???Photo Essentialsai??? category? Even if they read down to the 13th position on the left navigation bar to reach this item, they would be hard-pressed to figure out what it meant.
- Click on ai???Copiers/Printers/Fax Machinesai???? Most people would not have a compelling reason to buy these kinds of items from a company whose tagline is ai???The Photography People.ai???
- Read the ai???How to master dog photographyai??? article by ai???Bowserai???? This is probably not a pressing concern for most visitors.
While each item on Adoramaai??i??s page might be useful to a subset of their audience, the cumulative effect of all of this clutter is that they are squandering precious milliseconds of every order Tastylia online, generic Zoloft. visitorai??i??s attention. Visitors are forced to wade through a lot of muck to even understand if there is any relevant information for them at this site. Will they do this? Maybe. But many will simply throw up their hands in frustration and try another website.
The main goal of a broad-selection online catalog should be to efficiently direct all visitors to a relevant set of product choices, and to help them Viagra Super Active purchase decide among them. The Adorama page does not do this effectively. A better alternative would be to focus on a smaller number of choices that apply to everyone and to funnel visitors deeper into the site.
Does your landing page offer too many choices? Focus on the three following items and you’ll soon be on the way to a healthier degree of choice:
- Donai??i??t present detail too early in the process
- Group related choices into a smaller number of categories
- Use visual shortcuts to reduce reading